Choose Your Background

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CHICAGO - Jason Hammel never wanted to leave the Chicago Cubs, a team with decidedly

CHICAGO - Jason Hammel never wanted to leave the Chicago Cubs, a team with decidedly increased expectations since he last pitcherd at Wrigley Field. Howard Wilson Browns Jersey .Hammel and the Cubs finalized a $20 million, two-year contract Friday, a deal agreed to earlier in the week. The agreement includes a $12 million club option for 2017 with a $2 million buyout. If the option is exercised, the contract would be worth $30 million for three seasons.The 32-year-old right-hander was 8-5 with a 2.98 ERA in 17 starts for the Cubs before he was traded to Oakland on July 5 with pitcher Jeff Samardzija. Hammel went 2-6 with a 4.26 ERA for the Athletics.The phone call that happened when (president of baseball operations Theo Epstein) said that were moving you to Oakland was kind of bittersweet, Hammel said. I felt I had pitched my way to stay here and proved myself, and he acknowledged that. But it was something that just had to be done. I knew that this was a place for me and I wanted to come back, and I was going to get a real good opportunity (to return).The Cubs still are seeking their first championship since 1908. But they believe they are in position to make a jump in the NL Central after five straight losing seasons.Besides bringing back Hammel, they added three-time All-Star Jon Lester with a $155 million, six-year agreement likely to be completed next week. They also acquired two-time All-Star catcher Miguel Montero from the Arizona Diamondbacks.All those moves came after the Cubs hired one of the games top managers, replacing Rick Renteria with former Tampa Bay skipper Joe Maddon. Hammel played for Maddon with the Rays and teamed with Lester in Oakland.The two pitchers talked about the Cubs, although Lester knew Chicagos front office well from their time together in Boston.I think the Theo-Jon bromance was gonna happen, anyways, Hammel said.With Lester and Hammel joining Jake Arrieta (10-5 with a 2.53 ERA in 25 starts) and Kyle Hendricks (7-2, 2.46 ERA), the Cubs figure to have a strong rotation.Chicago also has a pair of All-Stars in shortstop Starlin Castro and first baseman Anthony Rizzo. Young sluggers Javier Baez and Jorge Soler arrived in the majors last season and another wave of prospects is in the pipeline, including third baseman Kris Bryant and shortstop Addison Russell.You see a lot of things going on right now, Hammel said. Its not just shtick. Its not just flash. Theyre making a commitment to winning here. Tyrod Taylor Jersey . CHAUNCEY BILLUPS (Pistons): Yes they got Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings in the off-season and Andre Drummond is a beast (teams are kicking themselves for passing on him - he rebounds and block shots every game - thats two more discernable and significant skills than most guys in his draft class), but dont for a second discount the impact of having a savvy veteran like Billups on your team. Ricardo Louis Jersey . Torres scored the first goal by an English team in the knockout phase of the Champions League this season when he met Cezar Azpilicuetas cutback in the ninth minute of their first leg match in the last 16. But Chelsea failed to make the most of its counterattacks and the Turkish champions equalized in the second half after gaining in confidence and cutting out their defensive mistakes. http://www.footballbrownsnflprostore.com...te-Jersey/ . Clevelands manager had just watched his team lose 5-3 to Kansas City, which completed a 2-6 homestand and dropped the Indians 2 1/2 games behind Detroit in the AL Central.LONDON - The normally serene Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini lost his cool and slammed the referee for allowing two illegal goals and missing what he called a clear penalty in the 2-2 draw with Arsenal on Saturday.In a rare outburst from Pellegrini, the Chilean said there were fouls in the buildup to both of Arsenal goals and criticized referee Mark Clattenburg for not blowing the whistle for a handball in Arsenals area by midfielder Jack Wilshere.Its a good point when they score two illegal goals, Pellegrini said. For the first one, it was two or three fouls a€” continuous fouls a€” on (Sergio) Aguero, and the second one (Danny) Welbeck pushed (Vincent) Kompany with no intention of playing the ball and then it was a goal.Pellegrini, who is known for a having a cool and unflappable demeanour, was visibly upset, saying the Premier League champions would have left Emirates Stadium with all three points if it hadnt been for poor refereeing.Today, it was unbelieevable, Pellegrini said. Antonio Callaway Jersey. Two goals for Arsenal and another penalty he didnt whistle for - twice, with the hand inside the box. ... He (Clattenburg) had a very bad game.In Citys 3-2 loss to Liverpool in April, Clattenburg gave Liverpool a free kick late in injury time inside the teams own area, even though the ball appeared to be handled by Martin Skrtel. On Saturday against Arsenal, TV replays appeared to show Wilshere handling the ball.We were denied a clear penalty for a handball, Pellegrini said. Last season, it was Skrtel with a fist for Liverpool in the six-yard box and today it was Wilshere with two hands on the ball inside the box.Pellegrini said it will be difficult to retain the Premier League title this season.It will be very hard because all the teams want to beat us, Pellegrini said. I think that we have difficult decisions from the referee, not just today but in the last game against Stoke where we were denied a clear penalty. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '