Choose Your Background

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DETROIT (AP) The Detroit Red Wings are bringing coach

Jeff Blashill for a fourth season www.coyotesproshop.com , sticking with him while they rebuild after missing the postseason for the second year in a row.”I’m big on experience,” Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said after announcing the decision on Tuesday.Detroit extended its postseason streak to 25 years in 2016 during Blashill’s debut season as an NHL coach. The Red Wings have fallen short since then and are 104-105-37 in three seasons under Blashill, who won one playoff game two years ago. Holland, who has been Detroit’s GM since 1997 and recently agreed to a two-year contract extension, decided to stay with Blashill as the Red Wings look for the right mix of youth and experience to get back in the mix in the Eastern Conference.”I’m certainly glad to still be the coach of the Detroit Red Wings. It’s a job I love Arizona Coyotes T-Shirts Womens ,” Blashill said. ”I’m excited about moving this franchise … where everybody wants it.”The Detroit native will coach the U.S. team at the IIHF World Hockey Championship – for the second straight year – next month in Denmark.The Red Wings hired Blashill in 2015 after Mike Babcock’s contract expired and the Toronto Maple Leafs gave him a $50 million, eight-year contract. Blashill was on Babcock’s bench in Detroit as an assistant during the 2011-12 season. He went on to coach the Grand Rapids Griffins, leading the Red Wings’ American Hockey League affiliate for three successful seasons. Blashill also led Western Michigan University for one season, helping the Broncos reach the CCHA championship game for the first time since 1986.”He’s gotten better,” Detroit center Dylan Larkin said. ”That sounds different to say about a coach. He has become more mature. … He has a good grasp of the room.”— SAN JOSE Arizona Coyotes Hoodies Womens , Calif. (AP) — San Jose Sharks defenseman Erik Karlsson was suspended two games without pay by the NHL on Sunday for an illegal check to the head of Los Angeles Kings forward Austin Wagner.The incident occurred early in the second period of the Kings’ 3-2 overtime win over the Sharks on Saturday. Wagner left the game after getting taken down by Karlsson on a hard hit near center ice. After getting back on his feet, Wagner’s legs came out from under him. No penalty was called.“I’m not going to lie. I was very surprised,” Karlsson said.“I think it’s a clean hit. I hope he’s OK. It’s unfortunate that he didn’t finish the game. I can’t really go into specific details because I don’t want to risk anything more, since I have no say in the matter. But at the end of the day, hopefully he’s fine. You never want to see anyone get hurt Arizona Coyotes Hats Womens , and I wish him all the best. I have a clear conscience for my part. I think I did everything within the rules, but unfortunately some people didn’t think I did.”Karlsson, who has points in eight consecutive games, has two goals and 24 assists this season for San Jose.“Disappointed,” Sharks coach Pete DeBoer said. “From every report I have Custom Arizona Coyotes Jerseys , my understanding is the injury is to the shoulder. I think that speaks to it, in my mind. But I might be oversimplifying. I’m not going to say any more on that because you just get yourself in trouble.”Karlsson, who joined the Sharks in an offseason trade with Ottawa, started serving the suspension Sunday against Arizona and will also miss Thursday’s game against the Ducks. He is eligible to return Saturday in Edmonton.